2021 ICE Awards
We are approaching the month of October ever so rapidly, and in our community, the month stands for a far larger cause than collecting candy and dressing up as our favourite characters. October is Disability Employment Awareness Month (DEAM) and Community inclusion month. The ICE (Inclusive Employer) awards were created to allow us an opportunity to highlight and show the value of inclusiveness, open-minded thinking, and progress in our local communities.
This will be the 3rd rendition of our annual event and we are hoping to have even more people on board than in previous years. The worldwide situation we all currently face has forced us to test our flexibility and leave the planning longer than we would all have liked to, but we have made it. We couldn’t be happier to let you know that we will be starting nominations for this year’s awards on September 7th with the window of nominations closing on October 2nd. The voting can be conducted at https://www.e-know.ca/ice-awards/
The voting period will quickly follow with the timeframe of October 3rd to 24th, and then finally we will be conducting the awards in both a virtual and in-person format on November 4th from 4 pm to 6 pm. The location and finite details of this will be announced shortly and will of course adhere to all covid restrictions, and guidelines handed down from the Governments of BC and Canada.
How are we recognizing them? The nominees’ leadership excels in the category in which they are assigned. Please nominate the employer of your choice in each category.
- Community MentorTaking the extra step towards inclusion that can be emulated by others, a role model
- Innovative Career BuildersDiversifying in an innovated way to create pathways to employment opportunities.
- AccessibilityMaking employment attainable for all and recognizing the uniqueness of all people
- Authentic LeaderBeing a genuine employer who, while striving through their core values, believes that who they employ are what makes their business a true success
- Emboldened VisionaryThe Bold visionaries’ challenges obstacles of society equalizing and enriching the community. They create opportunities that translate into real-valued citizenship