Our mission is to offer premier support in inclusion, outreach, and employment delivered by authentic, dedicated professionals customizing service strategies to empower real plans that provide self-directed, real-life opportunities and real-life experiences, honoring individuals rights with the assurance that the support they receive ignites their goals in active participation to achieve personal accomplishments and growth.
REALM EMPLOYMENT PROCESS
- The individual is referred to REALM either through CLBC and/or others for employment support.
- The individual, DSP (Direct Service Professional), EC (Employment Consultant) and significant others will define who needs to be involved in the process of developing a plan.
- The identified support team meets to decide on steps, goals, responsibilities, and timelines for the plan.
- If an individual is determined to not be “work ready” through the plan then the DSP and EC work with that person to ascertain what skills, interests, and abilities are present and how these translate into employment options.
- If it is decided the individual may benefit from further training to enhance their employability they along with the DSP utilize the generic support available through WorkBC or the COTR.
- If the individual is “work ready“ then she/he meets with their DSP and the EC to generate possible employers. The EC then approaches the appropriate employers to see if they are open to funding options such as wage subsidies, tuition, disability, living supports and job coaching.
- Issues such as writing a resume and cover letter, interviewing skills, and follow up are determined by the team and decided on a case to case basis.
- The plan is reviewed and revised on an ongoing basis- any team member or interested party can request a review at any time.
- Once an individual is employed the team ensures the persons’ ongoing success by being available and meeting to brainstorm any possible pitfalls/ issues.
- This process is fluid and open to change and/or adjustment at any time. The team can re-convene at any team members request.